Terms & Condition
- Agreement. The Agreement consists only of: (a) these Standard Purchase Terms; (b) the applicable Purchase Order; and (c) any Specifications or other documents expressly referenced in the Purchase Order. Any reference in the Purchase Order to any Supplier Proposal is solely for the purpose of incorporating the descriptions and specifications of the Goods and/or Services contained in the Proposal, and only to the extent that the terms of the Supplier Proposal do not conflict with the descriptions and Specifications set out in the Purchase Order. Buyer’s acceptance of, or payment for, Goods and/or Services will not constitute Buyer’s acceptance of any additional or different terms in any Supplier Proposal, unless otherwise accepted in writing by Buyer. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the documents constituting the Agreement, then unless otherwise expressly provided, the documents will rank in the order of precedence in accordance with the order in which they are listed in this Section
- Delivery of Goods and Services.
Supplier agrees to supply and deliver the Goods to Buyer and to perform the Services, as applicable, on the terms set out in this Agreement.
Supplier shall, at its own expense, pack, load, and deliver Goods to the Delivery Point and in accordance with the invoicing, delivery terms, shipping, packing, and other instructions printed on the face of the Purchase Order or otherwise provided to Supplier by Buyer in writing. No charges will be allowed for freight, transportation, insurance, shipping, storage, handling, demurrage, cartage, packaging or similar charges unless provided for in the applicable Purchase Order or otherwise agreed to in writing by Buyer.
- Time is of the essence with respect to delivery of the Goods and performance of Services. Goods shall be delivered and Services performed by the applicable Delivery Date. Supplier must immediately notify Buyer if Supplier is likely to be unable to meet a Delivery Date. At any time prior to the Delivery Date, Buyer may, upon notice to Supplier, cancel or change a Purchase Order, or any portion thereof, for any reason, including, without limitation, for the convenience of Buyer or due to failure of Supplier to comply with this Agreement, unless otherwise noted.
- Title and risk of loss or damage shall pass to Buyer upon receipt of Goods at the Delivery Point, unless otherwise agreed to by the Buyer in writing. Buyer has no obligation to obtain insurance while Goods are in transit from Supplier to the Delivery Point.
- Inspection; Acceptance and Rejection.
- All shipments of Goods and performance of Services shall be subject to Buyer’s right of inspection. Buyer shall have ninety (90) days (the “Inspection Period“) following the delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point or performance of the Services to undertake such inspection, and upon such inspection Buyer shall either accept the Goods or Services (“Acceptance“) or reject them. Buyer shall have the right to reject any Goods that are delivered in excess of the quantity ordered or are damaged or defective. In addition, Buyer shall have the right to reject any Goods or Services that are not in conformance with the Specifications or any term of this Agreement. Transfer of title to Buyer of Goods shall not constitute Buyer’s Acceptance of those Goods. Buyer shall provide Supplier within the Inspection Period notice of any Goods or Services that are rejected, together with the reasons for such rejection. If Buyer does not provide Supplier with any notice of rejection within the Inspection Period, then Buyer will be deemed to have provided Acceptance of such Goods or Services. Buyer’s inspection, testing, or Acceptance or use of the Goods or Services hereunder shall not limit or otherwise affect Supplier’s warranty obligations hereunder with respect to the Goods or Services, and such warranties shall survive inspection, test, Acceptance and use of the Goods or Services.
- Buyer shall be entitled to return rejected Goods to Supplier at Supplier’s expense and risk of loss for, at Buyer’s option, either: (i) full credit or refund of all amounts paid by Buyer to Supplier for the rejected Goods; or (ii) replacement Goods to be received within the time period specified by Buyer. Title to rejected Goods that are returned to Supplier shall transfer to Supplier upon such delivery and such Goods shall not be replaced by Supplier except upon written instructions from Buyer. Supplier shall not deliver Goods that were previously rejected on grounds of non-compliance with this Agreement, unless delivery of such Goods is approved in advance by Buyer, and is accompanied by a written disclosure of Buyer’s prior rejection(s).
- Price/Payment Terms. Prices for the Goods and/or Services will be set out in the applicable Order. Price increases or charges not expressly set out in the Purchase Order shall not be effective unless agreed to in advance in writing by Buyer. Supplier will issue all invoices on a timely basis. All invoices delivered by Supplier must meet Buyer’s requirements, and at a minimum shall reference the applicable Purchase Order. Buyer will pay the undisputed portion of properly rendered invoices thirty-five (35) days from the invoice date. Buyer shall have the right to withhold payment of any invoiced amounts that are disputed in good faith until the parties reach an agreement with respect to such disputed amounts and such withholding of disputed amounts shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement nor shall any interest be charged on such amounts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Buyer agrees to pay the balance of the undisputed amounts on any invoice that is the subject of any dispute within the time periods specified herein.
- Taxes. Unless otherwise stated in a Purchase Order, all prices or other payments stated in the Purchase Order are exclusive of any taxes. Supplier shall separately itemize all applicable taxes each on each invoice and indicate on each invoice its applicable tax registration number(s). Buyer will pay all applicable taxes to Supplier when the applicable invoice is due. Supplier will remit all applicable taxes to the applicable government authority as required by applicable laws. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, Buyer may withhold from all amounts payable to Supplier all applicable withholding taxes and to remit those taxes to the applicable governmental authorities as required by applicable laws.
- Confidentiality. Supplier shall safeguard and keep confidential any and all information relating to Buyer obtained by it or provided to it by Buyer in connection with this Agreement, and shall use such information only for the purposes of carrying out its obligations under this Agreement.
- Insurance. Supplier represents and warrants to Buyer that it has in place with reputable insurers such insurance policies in coverage amounts that would be maintained by a prudent supplier of goods and services similar to the Goods and Services provided hereunder, including, as applicable, professional errors and omissions liability insurance and comprehensive commercial general liability insurance (including product liability coverage, all-risk contractors’ equipment insurance, and automobile liability insurance). In addition, Supplier will take out and maintain, at its own cost, such insurance policies and coverages as may be reasonably required by Buyer from time to time. Supplier will promptly deliver to Buyer, as and when requested, written proof of such insurance. If requested, Buyer will be named as an additional insured under any such policies. If requested by Buyer, such insurance will provide that it cannot be cancelled, or materially changed so as to affect the coverage provided under this Agreement, without the insurer providing at least 30 days prior written notice to Buyer.